Working at heights with COVE is your safest option
Your Safety is our Business
Call 03 8773 9000
RIIWHS204D – Working safely at heights
Fees for this course are
$270 $239.00 – SPECIAL OFFER (save $31)
The Working at Heights course is delivered over 1 day (8-hour) in a classroom and warehouse based setting from our Dandenong site.
Click here for dates.
What you’ll learn:
This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at heights.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at heights. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
The Working at Heights course is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation, primarily being aimed at general construction, maintenance, mining, large factories or other work situations where work is conducted in a place where a fall from one level to another is possible.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
- Applicants will be required to undertake pre-course reading and an activity book to ensure an understanding of the learning content that will be reviewed in the class contract time. These materials will be supplied to the students upon enrolment and payment of the course.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
The Working at Heights course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout and may include:
- Practical hands on