A Heavy Combination Vehicle includes:
- A prime mover with a minimum of three axles and a semi-trailer with a minimum of two axles – vehicle must have a GVM rating of at least 24 tonnes.
This is the combination that is offered at Cove Training or
- A heavy rigid vehicle towing a trailer – trailer must have at least two axles and a GVM of 12 tonnes or more.
Booking Fee – $ 400.00 payable to confirm practical training and assessment date. Balance is payable before commencing practical training.
- 2 Day course (Beginners) – $2000.00
- 1.5 Day course (Intermediate) – $1,700.00
- 1 Day course (Experienced) – $1,300.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 10%
This course is delivered over 1 or 2 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
The Heavy Combination Truck Licence course has been custom designed to develop vital driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your heavy rigid licence.
- Systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions
- Monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Managing vehicle condition and performance
- And effectively managing hazardous situations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to Vicroads
to process an official licence.
Heavy Combination Truck Licence
- A current MR or HR Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students will be required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The Heavy Combination Truck Licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- Certificate III Warehousing Operations
- Certificate III Driver Operations
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00