TLILIC3017 Licence to drive a Heavy Combination Vehicle
A Heavy Combination Vehicle includes:
- A prime mover with a minimum of three axles and a semi-trailer with a minimum of two axles – vehicle must have a GVM rating of at least 24 tonnes.
This is the combination that is offered at Cove Training or
- A heavy rigid vehicle towing a trailer – trailer must have at least two axles and a GVM of 12 tonnes or more.
- 2 Day Course (Beginners) – $2000.00
- 1.5 Day Course (Intermediate) – $1,700.00
- 1 Day Course (Experienced) – $1,300.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 15%
This course is delivered over 1 or 2 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
The Heavy Combination Truck Licence course has been custom designed to develop vital driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your heavy rigid licence.
- Systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions
- Monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Managing vehicle condition and performance
- And effectively managing hazardous situations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Heavy Combination Truck Licence
- A current MR or HR Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students will be required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The Heavy Combination Truck Licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- Certificate III Warehousing Operations
- Certificate III Driver Operations
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Further Information – COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment. t
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
FINES VICTORIA SANCTIONS
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions
Further Your Career with COVE Training
We are here to help
03 8773 9000
People Are Talking About COVE
4.9 out of 5 stars (based on 987 reviews)
This was the best First Aid course I’ve ever done. So informative and Lesley made it fun and easy to understand. Highly recommend
My Instructor was very Professional and he delivered the course exceptionally well
Very Professional and a very well derived course
Great trainer and overall great experience
Training at 2 Convenient Locations
Note: Not all courses are available at all locations. Call for further details.