TLILIC3017 Licence to drive a Heavy Combination Vehicle
A Heavy Combination Vehicle includes:
- A prime mover with a minimum of three axles and a semi-trailer with a minimum of two axles – vehicle must have a GCM rating of at least 24 tonnes or
- A heavy rigid vehicle towing a trailer – trailer must have at least two axles and a GVM of 12 tonnes or more. This is the combination that is offered at Cove Training
Booking Fee – $ 350.00 payable to confirm practical training and assessment date. Balance is payable before commencing practical training.
- 1 days (minimum 2 years experience) $1050.00
- 1.5 days (minimum 1 year experience, new to trailers) $1250.00
- 2 days (minimum experience, casual driver) $1650.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 10%
This course is delivered over 1.5 or 2 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
The heavy rigid course has been custom designed to develop vital driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your heavy rigid licence. It includes systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions, monitoring traffic and road conditions, managing vehicle condition and performance, and effectively managing hazardous situations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Statement of Attainment which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
- A current MR or HR Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students will be required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The Heavy combination course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- Certificate III Warehousing Operations
- Certificate III Driver Operations
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $120.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $120.00
FINES VICTORIA SANCTIONS
VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
You will be required to confirm your licence permit isn’t currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction, this will avoid having your test results not recognised. As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call 13 11 71.
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851 for further information
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions