First Aid Course Delivery:
The First Aid course is delivered face to face over 1 day (8Hours) in a classroom from our Dandenong, Thomastown and Derrimut sites. There is also an on-line theory training session and assessment that must be completed before attending the day of training.
We can also deliver in your workplace, just call us and ask?
What you’ll learn:
The unit of competency HLTAID003 Provide First Aid describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Cove recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice for and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years and resuscitation skills (HLTAID001 – CPR) are renewed every 12 months.
- Roles and responsibilities of the First Aider
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in First Aid
- Infection control
- Heart attack
- Wound and bleeding management
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
Applicants will be required to undertake pre-course on-line training and assessment session prior to commencing their practical training and assessment 1day course. These materials will be supplied to the students upon enrolment and payment of the course.
The First Aid Course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout and may include:
- On-line theory
- Simulated and Practical hands on
- Certificate II in Medical Service First Response
- Certificate III in Basic Health Care
- Certificate III in Ambulance Communications (Call-taking)