Heavy rigid Vehicle:
A Heavy Rigid Vehicle is a vehicle 8 tonnes GVM and above, with 3 or more axles, including truck & bus.
Booking Fee – $ 400.00 payable to confirm practical training and assessment date. Balance is payable before commencing practical training.
- 1.5 Day course (Beginner) – $1,500.00
- 1 Day course (Intermediate) – $1,1000.00
- 5 Hours a day is for the automatic truck only – $800.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 10%
- *Conditions apply. Bookings must be one day or greater
This course is delivered over 1 or 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
The Heavy Rigid Licence course has been custom designed to develop vital driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your heavy rigid licence.
- Systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions
- Monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Managing vehicle condition and performance
- And effectively managing hazardous situations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
- A current Australian Drivers licence: held for a minimum of 24 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students who do not already hold a heavy vehicle licence are required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The Heavy Rigid Licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00