LEARN - TEST - DRIVE
With COVE Truck Training
"*" indicates required fields
Need A Heavy Rigid Licence
Your Heavy Vehicle Licence Specialist
Heavy Rigid Licence Course Structure
TLILIC2016 Licence to drive a Heavy Rigid Vehicle
Heavy Rigid Vehicle
A Heavy Rigid Vehicle is a vehicle 8 tonnes GVM and above, with 3 or more axles, including truck & bus.
Saturday Fee of 25% is applied per person, per day.
If you need more information COVE Training, enquire now.
VicRoads Licencing Fee
There is a $34.08 licencing fee payable to VicRoads upon the successful completion of your course.
COVE Training is able to issue a new receipt of licence on the spot.
This course is delivered over 1 or 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
Here's what you’ll learn
The Heavy Rigid Licence course has been custom designed to develop vital driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your heavy rigid licence.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Heavy Rigid Licence Pre-Requisites
- A current Australian Drivers licence: held for a minimum of 24 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students who do not already hold a heavy vehicle licence are required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
- COVE Training does not have CRICOS accreditation and is unable to train students on an ‘International Student’ VISA
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, FREE of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $300.00
- Off Road Retest – $220.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $160.00
Heavy Rigid Licence Training
COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment.
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
Honest and professional staff
Best First Aid/CPR training
I did my First Aid and CPR with Lyn Inglis at Cove Training and had such a positive experience. Lyn was very knowledgeable and experienced!