In line with advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government has announced that Melbourne has moved to Stage 4 restrictions and regional Victoria (including the Mitchell Shire) has moved to Stage 3 restrictions. Restrictions are in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. For more information visit dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus. As an essential service, VicRoads is categorised as a Permitted Work Premises under the Public Industry and Safety sector of the government’s Stage 4 Industry Restrictions framework. As an approved provider of ancillary services to VicRoads, our operations to provide heavy vehicle training and assessment services is a permitted activity.
Medium Rigid Vehicle:
A Medium Rigid vehicle is any 2 axle rigid vehicle, including truck & bus, greater than 8 tones GVM.
Booking Fee – $500.00 payable to confirm practical training and assessment date. Balance is payable before commencing practical training.
- 1.5 Day course (Beginners) – $1250.00
- 1 Day course (Intermediate-Experienced) – $900.00
- 5 Hour course (Experienced) – $650.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 15%
This course is delivered over 1 or 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
The medium rigid truck licence course has been custom designed to develop vital truck driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your medium rigid licence.
- Systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions
- Monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Managing vehicle condition and performance
- And effectively managing hazardous situations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Medium Rigid Truck Licence
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students who do not already hold a heavy vehicle licence are required to sit a written test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The medium rigid truck licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Further Information – COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment, this can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
All applicants are required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
FINES VICTORIA SANCTIONS
VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
You will be required to confirm your licence permit isn’t currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction, this will avoid having your test results not recognised. As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call Vicroads on 13 11 71
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851 for further information
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions