LEARN - TEST - DRIVE
With COVE Truck Training
Medium Rigid Truck Licence Course Structure
TLILIC2015 Licence to drive a Medium Rigid Vehicle
Medium Rigid Vehicle
A Medium Rigid vehicle is any 2 axle rigid vehicle, including truck & bus, greater than 8 tones GVM.
- Beginners 2 day – $1775.00
- Intermediate 1.5 day – $1325.00
- Experienced 1 day – $925.00
- Advanced 5 Hrs – $725.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 15%
This course is delivered over 1 or 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
Here's what you’ll learn
The medium rigid truck licence course has been custom designed to develop vital truck driving skills and knowledge necessary to successfully gaining your Medium Rigid Licence.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Medium Rigid Truck Licence Pre-Requisites
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Medium Rigid Truck Licence Training
COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment.
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions
Don't judge a book by the cover as training is great
Simple content and pleasant and skilled delivery
Traffic Control/ Traffic Management
Excellent course and great teacher, easy going and makes sure everyone understands all tasks taken on throughout the day.
Thankyou Scott, For you bubbly and energetic training… was enjoyable and funny with your sense of humour.. Thankyou