Light Rigid Vehicle:
A Light Rigid vehicle is a vehicle more than 4.5 tones but not more than 8 tonnes GVM or which seats more than 12 people (including the driver).
Booking Fee – $ 350.00 payable to confirm practical training and assessment date. Balance is payable before commencing practical training.
- 1 .5 Day course (Beginner) – $1000.00
- 1 Day course (Intermediate) – $800.00
- 1/2 Day course (Experience) – $425.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 10%
This course is delivered over 0.5 to 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
This light rigid licence course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle.
- Systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions
- Monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Managing vehicle condition and performance
- And effectively managing hazardous situations
Assessment of this unit will be undertaken within a licensing examination conducted by, or under the authority of, VicRoads. Driving is performed with limited or minimum supervision, and with limited accountability and responsibility for self and others in achieving the prescribed outcomes. Driving involves the application of routine vehicle driving principles and procedures to maintain safety and to operate a light rigid vehicle across a variety of driving contexts.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Light Rigid Licence
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $120.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $120.00
FINES VICTORIA SANCTIONS
VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
You will be required to confirm your licence permit isn’t currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction, this will avoid having your test results not recognised. As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call Vicroads on 13 11 71..
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851 for further information
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions