LEARN - TEST - DRIVE
With COVE Truck Training
Light Rigid Licence Course Structure
TLILIC2014 Licence to drive a Light Rigid Vehicle
- 1.5 Day Course (Beginners) – $1200.00
- 1 Day course (Intermediate) – $850.00
- 5 Hour course (Experience) – $600.00
- Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 15%
If you need more information COVE Training on 03 8773 9000.
This course is delivered over 0.5 to 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
Here's what you’ll learn
This light rigid licence course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Light Rigid Licence Pre-Requisites
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Light Rigid Licence Training
COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment.
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
Please remember to confirm your eligibility on the date of the assessment.
Further Fines Victoria information can be found on www.fines.vic.gov.au website or call 1300 396 851
Further VicRoads information can be found on https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/penalties/fines-victoria-sanctions
Great Company with lovely Staff and instructors
Attended a 1 day course for light rigid licence company and staff fantastic and couldn’t recommend a better company.
Forklift course & Whitecard course
Both these courses were great & the Trainers Bob & Scott were great. I can’t believe the forklift course was as tuff as it was, but these guys made the learning more relaxed which lowered the stress levels.
Well run and great teachers
Teachers were very good clear and would repeat things if u ask cos u didn’t understand it and would changed it up to help u better understand it. Very well organized. Would come bak and do more training when I need too