LEARN - TEST - DRIVE
With COVE LR Training
"*" indicates required fields
COVE Light Rigid Licence
If You Need A Light Rigid Licence Contact COVE
Bus or Truck
VicRoads Licencing Fee
There is a $34.08 licencing fee payable to VicRoads upon the successful completion of your course. Cove Training is able to issue a new receipt of licence on the spot.
This course is delivered over 0.5 to 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
Here's what you’ll learn
This light rigid licence course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Light Rigid Licence Pre-Requisites
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
COVE Training does not have CRICOS accreditation and is unable to train students on an ‘International Student’ VISA
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- Certificate II, III, IV in furniture removal or driving operations
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Light Rigid Licence Training
COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment.
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
Refreshment training course
Tony from Epping cove brilliant teacher, friendly helpful and make the course, easy and fun
Highly professional and well organised course. Pleasant presentation.
I took this course recently and I am not disappointed. Precise theory and training schedule. Highly recommended.
Good class with charismatic instructor.