LEARN - TEST - DRIVE
With COVE LR Training
VicRoads Licencing Fee
There is a $32.17 licencing fee payable to VicRoads upon the successful completion of your course. Cove Training is able to issue a new receipt of licence on the spot.
This is to compensate for the current fuel price rises. (Inc GST)
- 1 day – $55.00
- 1.5 days – $82.50
- 2 days – $110.00
- 5 hour advanced – $36.85
This course is delivered over 0.5 to 1.5 days at our Seaford site.
Here's what you’ll learn
This light rigid licence course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be provided with a Certificate of Competence which needs to be taken to VicRoads to process an official licence.
Light Rigid Licence Pre-Requisites
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Knowledge test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control
COVE Training offers Truck Theory Sessions each week, free of charge. Call us for dates and further details.
- Certificate II, III, IV in furniture removal or driving operations
- On Road Drive Retest – $250.00
- Off Road Retest – $200.00
- Knowledge Test Retest – $50.00
- Hourly Training – $150.00
Light Rigid Licence Training
COVE Training is VicRoads Accredited
- All applicants will be required to complete VicRoads paperwork and complete an eyesight test.
- Applicants on medication may require a medical clearance from VicRoads.
- Clearance from VicRoads is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment.
- All applicants are encouraged to purchase a copy of the ‘Victorian Bus and Truck Drivers Handbook’ in order to complete their knowledge assessment.
- This can be purchased through COVE Training for $15 OR a PDF version can be downloaded here.
- Every applicant is required to sit and successfully pass the VicRoads knowledge assessment prior to any training and assessment. All truck training and testing is conducted from the Seaford office.
- Knowledge of how to drive a manual car is a recommended requirement for these licence types.
- VicRoads now apply licence, registration and number plates sanction as directed by Fines Victoria.
- You will be required to confirm your licence permit is not currently suspended, disqualified cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. This will avoid having your test results not recognised.
- As an applicant you can open a ‘My VicRoads’ account to confirm licence currency on the date of assessment. Alternatively applicants can call VicRoads on 13 11 71
White card online class
I had a great experience in this class and Malissa was very knowledgeable with all the information she provided to us so it was easy to understand the subject… she was clear, cut and precise with her explanation about all the info. I would highly recommend to anyone I know that is interested in getting a white card thank you
Ive had Chris Simspon before and as always finds the best way to have us learn whats important, as always our safty
White card training
Lucas / Luke didi a commendable job, in running this course, he was very helpful, with the slower students, attending.