COVE Light Rigid Licence – Truck or Bus.
Your Success is our Business.
TLILIC2014 Licence to drive a Light Rigid Vehicle
1 day course – $750
This course is delivered over 1 day at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
This course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle. It includes systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions, monitoring traffic and road conditions, managing vehicle condition and performance, and effectively managing hazardous situations.
Types of light rigid vehicles include:
- a rigid truck above 4.5 tonnes GVM but less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM; or
- a rigid bus with less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM or seats more than 12 adults, including the driver.
Assessment of this unit will be undertaken within a licensing examination conducted by, or under the authority of, VicRoads.
Driving is performed with limited or minimum supervision, and with limited accountability and responsibility for self and others in achieving the prescribed outcomes.
Driving involves the application of routine vehicle driving principles and procedures to maintain safety and to operate a light rigid vehicle across a variety of driving contexts
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Students who do not already hold a heavy vehicle licence are required to sit a written test
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Written test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control