COVE Light Rigid Licence
Truck or Bus
Call 03 9776 4466
TLILIC2014 Licence to drive a Light Rigid Vehicle
1 day course – $750
Saturday Fee (Applied per person, per day) 10%
This course is delivered over 1 day at our Seaford site.
What you’ll learn:
This light rigid licence course involves the skills and knowledge required to obtain a licence to drive a light rigid vehicle. It includes systematically and efficiently controlling all vehicle functions, monitoring traffic and road conditions, managing vehicle condition and performance, and effectively managing hazardous situations.
Types of light rigid vehicles include:
- a rigid truck above 4.5 tonnes GVM but less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM; or
- a rigid bus with less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM or seats more than 12 adults, including the driver.
Assessment of this unit will be undertaken within a licensing examination conducted by, or under the authority of, VicRoads.
Driving is performed with limited or minimum supervision, and with limited accountability and responsibility for self and others in achieving the prescribed outcomes.
Driving involves the application of routine vehicle driving principles and procedures to maintain safety and to operate a light rigid vehicle across a variety of driving contexts
Light Rigid Licence
- A current Australian drivers licence: held for a minimum of 12 months, a secondary form of ID is also required
- You must be competent in the operation of a manual vehicle
- Pass an eyesight test
- Applicants on medication may require clearance from VicRoads (Clearance is required prior to the commencement of all training and assessment)
The light rigid licence course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout including:
- Written test
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin drills
- Load securing
- Vehicle operation & control