Asbestos Removal Training by COVE
Asbestos removal requires specific training around awareness and management – governed by OHS and WHS compliance. When asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or even suspected of being present in the workplace, qualified personnel only are employed to safely manage or remove it. Coves Asbestos Removal Training is conducted face-to-face, are approved in every State and can be delivered to on your worksite.
With your Asbestos Removal Training complete, you will be recognised by State regulators as having the necessary training to meet WHS and OHS asbestos licensing and regulations. Our courses are specifically designed to provide in-depth knowledge of the dangers of asbestos and asbestos removal. They will equip you with removal knowledge as well as management and compliance requirements under the new WHS regulations (OHS regulations in Western Australia and Victoria). No matter what your current role or circumstances, Cove Training is here to assist you undertake the course and we are dedicated to your success.
Call 03 8773 9000 for more details.
Asbestos Removal Training Options
Cove Training have a commercial auspice agreement with FreshAir East Coast (RTO Code 40599) who are the registered training organisation who issue the certification for all Nationally Recognised Asbestos Removal courses delivered and assessed by Cove Training. Call 03 8773 9000 today!
Who needs Asbestos Removal Training:
Asbestos is present in many buildings all over Australia and it is very important for individuals and companies to undertake some form of asbestos awareness training. From construction workers to plumbers, any person who may come into contact with asbestos products can benefit from asbestos removal training.
When materials containing asbestos are present, or even suspected in the workplace, only personnel with nationally recognised training are qualified to safely manage or remove it.
With strict regulations and requirements regarding training and qualifications, those hoping to enter a career in asbestos removal need to ensure they receive the correct training. To comply with OHS and WHS standards and laws, the level of asbestos removal training accesses will dictate how you can participate in this vital and growing industry.
Alternatively, COVE’S asbestos removal and awareness training programs are specifically designed for individuals and companies who may be required to work in locations potentially contaminated with asbestos, but will have no direct, intentional contact with the material; this includes builders, renovators and other related occupations. Any employer who believes their workforce could benefit from the ability to identify asbestos should provide workers with asbestos awareness training. This will ensure that individuals can identify and respond to potential asbestos in the workplace.
Asbestos assessment training
Before asbestos removal can be completed, a competent person must conduct an assessment of the area and the process. To ensure removal procedures have the best possible chance of success without exposure, individuals working in this role need to have completed asbestos assessment training.
– Conduct Asbestos Assessment Associated with Removal CPCCBC5014A
Asbestos removal training
For a career in asbestos management and removal, individuals need to undertake the relevant training. Depending on the level accessed, students will be able to work on relevant asbestos removal tasks.
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B) CPCCDE3014A
- Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A) CPCCDE3015A
- Supervise asbestos removal CPCCBC4051A
- Conduct Asbestos Assessment Assoc. with Removal CPCCBC5014A
Our nationally recognised asbestos removal training programs are conducted face-to- face, are regulator approved in every state and can be delivered to your worksite.
These courses are delivered over 1-2 days in a classroom and warehouse based setting from our Dandenong site.
Click here for dates.
What you’ll learn:
Asbestos Removal and Assessment Training includes:
- Legislative requirements and compliance
- Identifying types of asbestos
- Health issues relating to asbestos exposure
- Conducting risk assessments
- Identifying hazards, controls and safe work methods
- Planning Friable asbestos removal
- Processes and tools required for safe asbestos removal
- Personal Protection Equipment and clothing
- Applicants will be required to undertake pre-course reading and an activity book to ensure an understanding of the learning content that will be reviewed in the class contract time. These materials will be supplied to the students upon enrolment and payment of the course.
- Students must fulfil the course’s eligibility requirements and provide valid identification documents to the Worksafe Victoria standards, such as a current Victorian Drivers Licence. If you require further information regarding acceptable documents please contact us.
The Asbestos Removal & Assessment course incorporates a variety of assessment tasks throughout and may include: